Dated: January 1, 2021
- Limited Terms:
- The information and content on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. It is important to seek professional legal advice for your particular situation because this information is no substitute for legal counsel. If this website is considered attorney advertising, this does not guarantee a particular outcome. Norvell IP has no duty to keep information submitted to us confidential and such duty of confidentiality does not arise until an attorney-client relationship has been established.
- You are solely responsible for your actions on the Website and for any content that is submitted, accessed, downloaded, linked to, or retrieved from or through the website.
- Intellectual Property Rights:
The Website contains intellectual property rights owned by Norvell IP and any unauthorized use of the Website may violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights of Norvell IP or a third party. Specifically, Norvell IP owns the trademark NORVELL IP, NORVELL IP Logo, and other trademarks. You agree to not use the name NORVELL IP and NORVELL IP Logo without written permission from Norvell IP. The Website and Service also are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws and treaties. If you breach any of these Terms or otherwise infringe upon any intellectual property rights, then your authorization to use the Website and the license granted herein is automatically terminated.
TO THE EXTENT LOCAL LAW DOES NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTIES, THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY IN ITS ENTIRETY.
USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE AND THROUGH THE SERVICE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DO NOT CONSTITUTE OR FORM AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. THE WEBSITE AND SERVICE ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS.” NORVELL IP, AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AND AGENTS (“NORVELL IP PARTIES”) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND OWNERSHIP. NORVELL IP PARTIES DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICE, OR THAT THE WEBSITE AND SERVICE ARE FREE FROM ANY VIRUSES, ERRORS, BUGS OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
- Linking to Third Party Websites:
The Website may contain links to third party websites that are not owned, controlled, endorsed or sponsored by Norvell IP. These links are merely provided as a convenience. Norvell IP makes no representations or warranties regarding the content on these websites. These websites also contain different terms and conditions and privacy policies, and by visiting these websites you accept any and all risk.
- General Contractual Clauses:
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
TO THE EXTENT YOUR LOCAL LAW DOES NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, THEN THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY IN ITS ENTIRETY.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED UNDER THE LAW, NORVELL IP, INCLUDING ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AND AGENTS (“NORVELL IP PARTIES”) HAVE NO OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE) FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING ANY LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE OR PROFIT) ARISING OUT OF OR WITH YOUR USE OF THIS SERVICE, THE WEBSITE, ANY CONTENT SUBMITTED BY YOU OR ANY CONTENT SUBMITTED BY OTHER USERS, REGISTERED OR NOT, EVEN IF YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, THE COMPANY’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE OF ACTION WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE ACTION, SHALL AT ALL TIMES NOT EXCEED $500.00. IF NO REGISTRATION FEE IS PAID, THEN YOU AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE LIMITED TO INJUNCTIVE RELIEF ONLY, AND ARE NOT ENTITLED TO DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNLESS OTHERWISE PERMITTED BY LAW.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Norvell IP, and its officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, parents, assigns, agents, service providers, suppliers, and employees, harmless from and against any and all losses, claims, liabilities, demands, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, made by any third party arising out of or related to your use of the Website or Service, including but not limited to any content submitted by you, your violation of these Terms, any damage you caused to another, your breach of the representations and warranties, and the violation of the rights of another. These obligations survive these Terms and your use of the site.
- GENERAL PROVISIONS
- Governing Law/Venue:
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois. The state and federal courts in Illinois, specifically, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, shall be the exclusive forum and venue for any disputes that arise under or related to these Terms. You hereby consent to personal jurisdiction in Illinois.
- Amendment: Norvell IP is free to alter, amend, or changes these Terms at anytime without notice. The amendments will be prospective only. You are encouraged to review these Terms from time-to-time because they may change without notice, and your use of the Website and Service is governed by the Terms in place at that time.
- Entire Agreement: These Terms reflect the entire agreement between you and Norvell IP. You may be subject to additional terms and conditions when you submit, download, access, or use third party content.
- Enforcement: The failure to enforce any Term is not a waiver of such Term. Regardless of any statute, law, or regulation to the contrary, any claim, demand, or cause of action related to the Website, Service or the Terms must be filed within one year after the date it arose, otherwise it will be barred. If any provision or sections of these Terms is found to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, then parties agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the intent of the parties, and the remaining provisions or section remain in full force and effect.
The attorney responsible for this website is:
Norvell IP llc
P.O. Box 2461
Chicago, IL 60690