Norvell IP regularly counsels clients throughout the sports, media and entertainment industries. An explosion of new technologies has driven these industries into uncharted territory. Our attorneys are ready to assess these complex issues and are flexible in addressing our clients’ needs. Norvell IP understands the creative needs of its clients and seeks to balance these needs with the legal risk and exposure to your brand, company and/or products and services. Our solid intellectual property law background and prior experiences allow us to handle any transactional arrangement that may arise. Our team regularly counsels film producers, authors and other clients in negotiating television/motion picture deals and advertising promotions.
Representative cases handled by Norvell IP attorneys
- Conduct clearance on titles for films, television shows, audiobooks and print books.
- Negotiate Production Agreements, Option Agreements and other TV and motion picture agreements with major studios.
- Legal clearance and E&O insurance for documentary entitled Who Killed the Electric Car
- Counsel to individuals, such as leading golf course designer Robert Trent Jones, Jr., on rights of publicity
- Preparation and negotiation of film production agreements and depiction releases for Los Angeles film producer
- Advice to Perry Ellis International regarding the engagement of advertising agencies and models
- Representation of New York Times best selling author James R. Hansen in negotiations with Universal Studios for a movie based on the Neil Armstrong biography First Man
- Advertising review and clearance for 2008 Super Bowl advertisements
- Financing and deal development for major motion picture